CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Yes, I Know I Have Glitter on My Face!

You probably can't tell from the photos, but this snowflake ornament is covered in glitter (and so am I!). I took four stamps (in large to small size) from the New Fallen Snow set and stamped each twice. I cut each of them out really close to the lines. Divide them into two piles and work with one pile at a time. Each pile will have one of each size. Starting with the largest snowflake, I glittered the outside. Then I added a foam square to the back of the next size snowflake (but I didn't take off the protective paper on the double side yet) and added glue around the outside edge. Now, using the foam square as a "handle" I was able to dip it into the glitter and then add it to the biggest snowflake. I continued on until I had half an ornament. Then on the backside of the half I attached ribbon to make a hanger for it. Then starting on the other side I repeated the steps above until it was a 3-D ornament. I'm not sure we'll be making these for workshop because of the time factor and all the glitter--I'd be finding glitter until Valentines Day if 10 people made these! I just thought you might want to try one for yourself at home so I went ahead and posted it.



You are Close to My Heart,
Yvonne

8 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

Oh my goodness! That is a LOT of cutting but it is beautiful. I bet it is even more spectacular IRL.

Tammy H. said...

Very pretty! I'm glad we're not making it tomorrow, though, cause I have to go to a conference the next day and glitter seems to "stay" with me for a few days. (Yes,I do bath daily!)

Unknown said...

How gorgeous! Love that glitter and the layered snowflakes! Fabulous idea!

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful, Yvonne! The glitter really makes it! What a great holiday idea!

Deb said...

Oh, my hero - I have been fretting about what to make for my annual Christmas ornament for my family (I think I'm up to 28 years of ornaments now!!!) and you came up with it. Wondering if I could use that glitter spray stuff from Hobby Lobby or that awesome "Stickles" glitter glue that scrapbook stores sell. (Wish we sold it!!!) But wonderful idea!!! (And once again, you are selling me a fantastic CTMH stamp set cuz I didn't know that I needed more snowflake stamps!) Tee Hee Hee!

Stamp Your Art Out said...

Hey Deb, How many do you have to make? Set up an assembly line for sure and I'd sure try the glitter spray or stickles. Yep, you need this set! Hee Hee

Hugs,
Y~

Allie Gower said...

Very cute, I was just working with this stamp set! Not on wintery stuff though - that will be a cool transition!

Allie
scrapncook.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! I have to try making a few with the snowflake sets I have.