CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 19, 2007

The Only Kind of Mask I Like

I was getting ready to put away all the stuff from the first scrapbook workshop tonight and I decided to make a tutorial on masking. It has nothing to do with Halloween because like I've stated before...I'm not much of a Halloween girl :0) When you need one object to appear in front of another you would do masking. I can never get the pictures to cooperate with me as far as appearing beside the correct text so I've typed right on each picture. You'll need to click on each one to get a better view. Now hopefully they'll all upload :0)

You Are Close To My Heart,
Yvonne

UPDATE: If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask in the post section and I will answer them there as well. If you want you can also e-mail me at jwick@cableone.net .
















9 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of your work, is absolutely beautiful...thank you for sharing you time and energy."?" did you have you pumpkin stamp over the fence? or just the post it note? I missed...well really do not understand where you say look the punpkins are in front...is that the stamped image from the post it note? I know it is porbably a stupid question and I am sorry.
Thanks and have a blessed day.
Regina

Stamp Your Art Out said...

Hi Regina,

No question is stupid :0)

Since I wanted the pumpkins to be in front of the fence on my finished project I stamped them first. Then I stamped them again on a post it note, cut it closely to the lines and then laid it over my first stamped image. I left the post it note over my pumpkins while I stamped the fence in a line. Part of the fence lines went on to my project and part went on the post it note. When the post it note is taken away it looks like the fence is sitting behind the pumpkins. I probably should have taken another picture in there to show that. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. Probably someone else was wondering too :0) Thanks for all your kind words!

Hugs,
Yvonne

Unknown said...

Yvonne,

Thanks for the tutorial! Love the card,t oo! I also really dig your layout in the post before this one, too!

Inky Smiles!
Erin
www.inkysmiles.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

Yvonne,
I enjoy reading your tutorials. You are so busy and still take time for a blogspot.

Suzanne Bolin

Anonymous said...

Thanks...makes sense! Your tutorial is great. Have a blessed week end.
Regina

Anonymous said...

I am just wondering what colors you used for this. I am sure orange but not positive on which brown and green you used (assuming these are CTMH colors). Thanks so much for taking the time to TEACH these wonderful technique's.

Stamp Your Art Out said...

Shannon, You are right. These are all from the Close To My Heart watercolor pencils.. They are orange, goldrush, oak brown (which we don't carry in a stamp pad anymore, but still have a matching pencil), and Olive. I think the only non-CTMH thing is the little jute knot around the sign.

Hugs,
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love it. I can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the lesson!