CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fall layout

For those of you that know me, you'll know that Halloween is my least favorite time of year so coming up with a Halloween themed layout for workshop was a stretch for me. Don't worry...if you're signed up and don't like Halloween either we can make some very easy changes.

The primary set used for this layout is called "Autumn's Gifts" with a couple other stamps thrown in. The paper set is called "Expedition". We're going to be doing a really fun technique using water color pencils. I feel like such an artist when I use them (but I'm really not!). Another technique we'll be doing is masking (see pumpkins in front of the fence). That would make an easy tutorial which I'll think about putting on here...in my spare time LOL! Really, I'll work on that. Anyone know how I made the checked paper?

For this layout I used a pattern out of the new Imagine book called "In the Groove". It's a pattern that allows you to make a quick and simple layout or you can take it up a notch which is what I've tried to do here. Thanks to Stacy and her suggestions for what I had done earlier today I now like this layout!

Ok, if you're coming to this workshop it would be a great idea to bring a chocolate pad and while you're at it, you can throw in an Autumn Terracotta pad as well. I got all through with this one and realized that it mostly uses chocolate which will make for a wait to get stamp pads if we only have mine. If mine is all we have then we'll play nice and share :0)

It's late and tomorrow is another long day so goodnight and...

You are Close to My Heart,
Yvonne

No comments: