CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nature's Vein Leaf Set

Years ago a downline of mine sent me a Christmas card using this basic layout. I loved the different look of it so much that I saved it all these years and it was my inspiration for this card.

The base of the card is measured at 4 1/4" X 7" and it's scored at 5" to make the folded over part. The middle part of the card measures 10 1/2" X 3 3/4". The stripe strip part is 4" X 1 1/4". The plaid part is a 3 1/2" square.


The leaves were done by stamp rolling them in different colored ink pads. To do stamp rolling you just stamp your solid image in the lightest color first (in this case the color was honey). Then you roll just the edges in a darker color. I used goldrush or autumn terracotta for the different leaves. I lastly barely tapped the entire image on a barn red pad. The veins were stamped in barn red. To get the realistic look I crumpled them up after cutting them out.


Stamp sets used were D1232 Natures Vein (p. 40) and C1381 Card Chatter--Thank You (p. 72)which has a lot of different messages that to with "thank you". The fun paper pack is called Back Country (p. 25). You can see the full sets by clicking here and then turning to the pages listed. If you'd like to order any of the items you can visit my website. Your fun products will be delivered right to your doorstep...no party required. (Page numbers refer to the Autumn/Winter 2009 Close to My Heart Idea Book.


That's all for now. I'm back to the work table to make more fun stuff. Stay tuned!


You are Close to My Heart,

Yvonne
p.s. Tina if you see this...thank you for the idea :0)


1 comment:

Stacy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CARD!!!! I am so glad you posted the meas. so I won't have to worry about losing them! LOL
FYI...blogger is just now showing your blog as updated even though you posted yesterday???? weird...
Big Hugs!