CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 12, 2009

Make It Count

A very good friend of mine lost her mother this last month. She had been sick for quite a while. It's still never easy. This is her stamp set (Make It Count) and she asked me to create something with it. She made the comment that this set sort of reminds her of her mom. This is what I came up with.

The stamp pad colors are black and desert sand. On the tag and the message part I stamped the background in second generation to make it lighter. The paper pack I used is one of my favorites called silhouette. Even though you can see very little of the paper, it's still there. This card sort of evolved and I ended up covering up a lot of it. Do you ever do that?

The embellishments are some brads and paper flowers from Close to My Heart and ribbon from Wal-Mart. You can see the stamp set here on page 80.

That's all for now. It's a quick post. Gotta' get kids out of the tub :0)

You are Close to my heart,
Yvonne

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Beautiful!!! She is going to love it! Great card!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Tammy