CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Color Challenge

I frequently visit kwernerdesignblog because when I grow up I want to be like her! She does such cool stuff with videos. My computer geek son tells me that I have to have "much better equipment" in order to attain that goal, but if I ever did buy such equipment, he would be happy to be my film editor --HA. So I'm content to visit her and dream :0) Every now and then she does a color inspiration challenge to get your creative juices going. I just so happen to already have a card with the colors in question (minus the chocolate so it might not count) so I'm sending it her way to see if it works :0)

Here's my card. This is a workshop card for this month so we must have been thinking alike on color combinations. This is Close to My Heart sweet leaf, dutch blue (stamped second generation) and buttercup. I combined a couple of stamp sets to get just the flowers and leaves that I wanted. Being that I'm a flower loving person and can't have enough flower sets it wasn't hard to find what I wanted in my stash. The leaf is from the Simple Blossoms set and the flowers are from the April Word Puzzle and Girly Girl. I know that's a lot of sets, but it was fun to mix and match them. The message is from the Because of You set.


To embellish it I added little stick on pearls that my "personal shopper" Stacy found at Target's Dollar Spot. They are so cute, but tricky to get on since they are soooo tiny! Love them though. Of course it had to have a bow and the top part is popped up with foam squares. The message says, "We are never alone...if friends fill our lives." Hope you like it and I hope it works for the color challenge :0)


You are Close to My Heart,

Yvonne
p.s. Don't forget you can click on it to make it larger. It sort of ended up small this time.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

LUV IT !!!!!
OnYa