CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Universal Sign Language


I will be travelling to the Philippines in February on a short term missions trip so I have been working on the lessons that I will be teaching. It's a bit of an overwhelming task because I feel like the ladies I will be speaking to could teach me so much more than I could ever teach them. At any rate, I was working and ended up taking a brain break to check to see what Kristina Werner is up to over at her blog. She's doing another color challenge so I scooted my paperwork aside and went to work on a card.

The paper I used if from the Close to My Heart Caprice paper pack. It had all the colors in the challenge in it. The big floral print in the pack is not my most favorite, but I think it worked for this card. I only used a couple of stamp sets. The words come from the September Word Puzzle and the polka dots on the crystal blue paper were made with a stamp from the Spot On Backgrounds set...one of my favorites.


To embellish the card I used a paper flower from our Big Pinks collection and added a strip of ribbon (from JoAnn's I think) and a Creme Brule' big brad. It's a pretty simple card and one that could easily be duplicated.
I may not know the Filipino language, but I know that I will be able to communicate with a smile! Ok....I need to get back to work.
You are Close to My Heart,
Yvonne

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you DID make me smile when I opened your blog....very nice card!

Traveling Mama said...

Very cute card! Blessings to you as you prepare for your time in the Philippines!

Selene Kempton said...

This is super cute and made me smile :) Great Job

Stacy said...

Ah...I love the ribbon on the flower SWEEET!
Hugs

Dori Shelton said...

Very sweet card! Love the sentiment

kaycar said...

Yes, I just started Beth morres newest study- Esther . Very good..... What??? were you looking for when my blog came up?? and I wonder why it did? doesn't matter- just curious.... love your site,great work!! I scrapbook and make cards as well. Went to Nashville a couple years back to a CK Convention. That trip is up there with my top 3!!! FUN!! FUN!!!FUN!!!
Feel free to comment anytime:)