CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Grateful


I was so excited to realize that my calendar was blank for the whole day which meant I could stamp! I pulled out the stamp of the month for Close to My Heart called Treasure Life and made this card. I got the sponging idea from Dawn at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. First I punched a circle and adhered it to the upper left of my focal point. Then I sponged the entire piece with sunflower ink. I then sponged almost all of the piece with honey ink. I tried to leave the top part lighter around the circle. Then I sponged autumn terracotta more toward the bottom of the piece. Last I took a little bit of cocoa and went around the edges.


The next step is to pull off the circle and it magically looks like the sun. How fun is that? I then finished up the focal piece by stamping two of the floral stamps in cocoa making sure to overlap the sun just a bit. You could finish this off with any message. I used one from the Treasure Life set. The other stamps used on this card are from Legendary Moments (the corner stamp is my absolute favorite) and also a stamp from Spot on Backgrounds.


You are Close to My Heart,

Yvonne

5 comments:

Stacy said...

AH, Beautiful!!!

Nellie Mae said...

How great is this card???? I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, so classy!!

Mary said...

Wow, this is a beautiful card!

Liz's Lovelies said...

I like that sponging effect. Great card.