CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Just Hanging Out Today





Today it's raining (again) so I'm stamping and finishing up a workshop project for tomorrow and Monday. This card also uses colors from KWerner's color challenge so I'm getting two things done at once. Hop on over and check out the rest of the creations. The monkeys are from the In the Wild set...love those cute little guys...or girls as this case is. Their skirts are from a scallop punch that I cut into quarters. I then took the point off to make a waistband. I stamped the monkeys in chocolate and then just the leaves part in Olive and did some paper piecing to put green leaves on the branches. It also gives it a bit of depth. The monkeys are matted with Hollyhock paper and then raised on dimensionals.


The big thing right now is lots of white space which is very difficult for me. This card is my attempt at leaving it alone. I stamped the line of flowers from the June Word Puzzle along the side in Hollyhock, Olive and Honey. The ribbon is some I found at JoAnn's, but I thought it matched pretty well. (Now I'm wishing I had picked up some more.)


Well, I'm off to go clean up the mess that exploded in my office in making this card LOL :0)


You are Close to My Heart,

Yvonne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your card is so cute! love the little monkeys!

Stacy said...

CUTE, cute, cute !!!!!!
ONYA

Traveling Mama said...

Too cute! Love the skirts! Great idea!

stampmonkey said...

This is SO cute, Yvonne! I would never in a million years thought to have put skirts on them -- so cute and creative!! tfs

Tammy H. said...

Love it! I can't wait to make it!